Job Title: Nurse Aide
Reports To: Charge RN
Key Contacts: Patients, physicians, ambulance personnel, families, and other hospital staff
JOB QUALIFICATIONS Experience: Previous inpatient hospital setting preferred.
Education / Certification: CNA certification within the State of Kansas. CPR certified
Assists professional nursing staff by performing basic patient care activities and related non-professional services in caring for the personal needs and comfort of the patients.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Ability to work well in team-oriented facility.
• Ability to communicate with other staff members, guests, and patients within the hospital.
• Ability to work and interact with patients, staff members and guests within the hospital.
• Telephone System / Paging
• Fire Extinguisher / Alarms
• Office equipment: copier, fax machine, printers, etc.
• Emergency Medical Equipment
• Monitors and Monitoring Systems
• Call system
The following are primary tasks, duties and standards for this job. However, additional skills and/or assignments may be given to you.
• Communicates with other staff members and organizes work for the day.
• Observes and reports patient’s abnormal or questionable signs/symptoms to licensed nurse.
• Performs duties that have been demonstrated/define in policy within the limitations of a nurse’s aide.
• Maintains accurate, timely documentation in patient’s chart, within the limitations of licensure.
• Answer call lights promptly.
• Interacts with patients and family members to meet the needs of the patient.
• Assists in the admission and discharge of patients.
• Maintains a general appearance of the facility; assuring rooms are cleaned appropriately and other areas of the unit.
• Assists in the coverage of the emergency room as assigned by RN.
• Assists in restocking of patient rooms (i.e. admission packets, oxygen supplies, monitor patches, exchange of sharp containers, etc.).
• Safety Management - working in an appropriate manner and reporting safety violations to appropriate personnel.
• Knowledge of HIPPA regulations.
• Knowledge of Infection Control Policy and Procedures
• Knowledge of Fire and Disaster Plans throughout the facility
• Knowledge of Risk Management Policy and Procedures
• Knowledge of other hospital-wide and departmental policy and procedures.
• Participates in hospital-wide and departmental in-services and/or training.